PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, UT, Minneapolis, MN, Charleston, SC, and Grand Rapids, MI. Currently, we are looking for a Product Owner to join our Product & Innovation team and help redefine benefits administration. Supporting the Product Roadmap, the Product Owner understands and executes on the company’s vision – both as a whole and on a smaller scale for their business unit. Whether writing user stories and acceptance criteria, creating process flows, reviewing user testing feedback, or acting as a product champion, this role works closely with internal and external resources.
Working in an Agile environment, the Product Owner knows how to deliver exceptional results in a fast-paced environment while balancing a sense of humor and professionalism. The Product Owner knows the direction but is empowered to determine the means of getting there. Generating innovative ideas to resolve problems, as well as handling complex issues and negotiating resolutions is part of the challenge and fun in the Product Owner role.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Product Owner has a wide variety of roles and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Being a product champion/advocate
- Acting as a subject matter expert (SME) for their business unit
- Establishing, prioritizing, and maintaining the product backlog from the product roadmap
- Gathering and defining requirements in user stories with acceptance criteria
- Performing data analysis and research to drive decision making
- Conducting stakeholder interviews both internally and externally
- Clarifying product backlog items to the Scrum team
- Reviewing developed user stories to determine acceptance
- Conducting product showcase demonstrations
- Coordinating with UI/UX if design elements are required for products
- Removing impediments from the Scrum team
- Maintaining product/project schedules (i.e. contractual obligations)
- Creating, maintaining, and communicating quarterly release plans
- Partnering with Learning & Development to create and maintain product documentation
PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Charleston, and Grand Rapids Michigan. We are hiring a UX Researcher to serve as the subject matter expert of research-based usability knowledge!
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play in a great culture. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower our most valuable asset: YOU!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work closely with designers and product managers to identify research topics, build a research roadmap, and conduct research.
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with product and UX team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Participate as a project team member, providing creative leadership and creating media deliverables to communicate research plans and results.
- Identify, define and demonstrate best practices for the design, usability and engagement of all deliverables, while supporting the team in their media and graphics needs.
- Proficient in all stages of project planning by reviewing plans, coordinating media-related deliverables, identifying dependencies and potential impacts, providing accurate timeline inputs to the project lead, and participating in the planning efforts of others.
- Partner with team members to create and plan the research strategy and creative direction of Support deliverables, suggesting and implementing new design concepts.
- Develop media components that include technical diagrams, software simulations, graphic presentations, animations, and templates for use by others.
- Demonstrate high levels of ownership over the quality of all project deliverables, reviews deliverables of other designer and provides peer feedback and coaching.
- Facilitate creative design sessions with knowledge developers to identify opportunities for inclusion of media-rich content.
- Champion and implement department-wide media-related maintenance and improvement activities such as updating and designing marketing collateral, template interfaces and media library assets as well as suggests new processes and solutions to enhance media capabilities.
- Propose and document style guidelines and media related processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.